SubjectRe: compiling kernel and modules issues
Date
On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 16:17:54 +0800,
Tom Cheung <cst9809@hkstar.com> wrote:
>make mrproper
>make xconfig
>make dep
>make clean
>make modules
>make modules_install
>edit /etc/lilo.conf and add lilo header.
>
>Then after reboot I only see net directory under new modules directory
>/lib/modules/2.2-17.Although I have selected sound and other device
>drivers as modules.But they haven't build into modules.So is there any
>thing I should pay attention to when update kernel and modules or I can
>keep old modules and update modules during xconfig ?

make modules_install only installs the modules that you compiled. Are
you sure that you selected sound as modules? If you think that sound
modules should have been built, make your .config available, together
with the output from "ls -lR /lib/modules/2.2.17".

>Would anyone tell me how can I update the kernel and modules
>simultaneously without losing previous installed modules.Thanks a lot !!

You should not mix modules from different kernels unless you know
exactly what you are doing. It is not a recommended procedure.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.076 / U:0.252 seconds]