    SubjectRe: What is up with Redhat 7.0?
    On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 01:27:36PM +0200, Jes Sorensen <jes@linuxcare.com> wrote:
    > Doesn't do much good if one of the compilers generates bogus output,
    > but obviously you never had to deal with the bug reports coming out of
    > distributors shipping $#@%$# pgcc as their default compiler.

    I did, but of course not with all such distributions and bug reports.

    > Looks to me like Alan's plonk was very appropriate here.

    No, what Alan did was proving bad taste, or bad mood, or whatever. This
    disucssion simply does not belong here and has nothig to do with the
    now-off-topic disucssion about binary incompatibility.

    As such, what Alan did was a cheap trick to try to draw attention away
    from the real problem. He didn't succeed, of course and I only accurse him
    of a temporary bad mood which I can certainly live with ;)

    On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 01:38:01PM +0200, Jes Sorensen <jes@linuxcare.com> wrote:
    > release? Maybe you should stop insulting the people who are actually
    > doing the Free Software work

    Like myself??

    > who just happens to be paid by Red Hat.

    Only a very small part, actually. That means that everybody should play
    well together, rather than trying to force non-standards onto others.

    > glibc-2.2 was put out as a release candidate. gcc on the other hand I
    > don't expect to see being released anytime soon enough for it to make
    > sense (I might be wrong),

    FYI: gcc is already "released" since quite some time.

    > binary compat problems, so far nobody has even been able to agree on
    > the naming scheme of the shared libstdc++ package, we just have to
    > wait for 3.0.

    Unfortunately some company couldn't wait. The higher numbers probably...

    --

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:7.361 / U:0.088 seconds]