SubjectRe: Somewhat different GPL Question
> If you're making interprocess calls to call the GPL code,
> I suspect you won't have to make your code GPL.
>
> OTOH, if you /link/ against a GPL shared library, you will
> have to GPL the source of your program (that is, you'll have
> to give it to the people who receive the binary from you).

The out of court settlements don't actually bear up to this interpretation
and have been more about 'depending on' as a definition for linking and what
is and is not an entire application.

Its one reason Im glad Linus had the sense to put an explicit statement about
syscalls in the kernel COPYING file.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.078 / U:0.376 seconds]