    SubjectUSB Printer, in 2.4.0-test9
    Strange things here.

    I'm testing out 2.4.0-test9 kernel with USB, (reiserfs built in, but,
    hopefully this has nothing to do with it).

    Hardware is a 440FX Dual PPro200/Natoma + 82371SB PIIX3/USB.
    Printer: HP DeskJet 880C USB/Parallel
    Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse with Intellieye USB
    Other stuff: Belkin "Macintosh" USB hub

    USB Mouse appears to work totally fine.

    USB Printer will print a few bytes, and suddenly print garbage
    (bitmap/pcl). I tried printing out some plain text and it's MANGLING bits
    - corrupting random bytes of data. The general structure of bytes are
    still there, but the resultant printout is gibberish. (source print file
    is a text file printed via "cat file >/dev/usblp0" (which is device

    I get a bunch of form feeds too but it continues to print a few characters
    fine and some that are totally wrong. It looks like it's corrupting about
    5% of the characters, including some high bit 7 characters.

    Any ideas what's going on, and is this repeatable by anyone else? Bad
    hardware? This SMP box only supports one form of the MPS, and I'm not
    sure how to tell the difference... I also tried using the printer w/o the
    hub, and same results...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.019 / U:56.672 seconds]