    SubjectRe: interaction between kernel and glibc
    So what are these unusual conditions? Why would I not need to recompile?
    If the interface changes then glibc will need recompiling and as
    far as I can see, the kernel interfaces change relatively often,
    particularly in the development tree. Moreover, how does one tell
    which kernel the C library was built against anyway?

    Thanks,

    Richard

    Mark Hahn wrote:

    > > to the kernel, as I am currently running 2.4.0-test9. The version of
    > > glibc is 2.1.3 and was
    > > installed via an rpm from rpmfind.net. The symptoms of the problem are
    >
    > perhaps you should get the rpm from an official RH mirror.
    > I'm running 2.1.3 with no problem at all (on most every dev
    > kernel for a long, long time). perhaps also consider possible
    > interaction with other components, such as ld.so, ncurses, etc.
    > even hardware, or timekeeping daemons.
    >
    > you DEFINITELY do not need to recompile glibc except under
    > unusual conditions...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:12.460 / U:0.012 seconds]