SubjectTux 2 Patents

Update on Tux 2 Patent analysis.

Of the three patents identified by Daniel, one has been eliminated as
a potential for infringement and the other two have not. We have obtained
copies from the USPTO of the full patent files for the patents originally
identified (3). The detail on one of the patents provided looks very
suspect and Brian is emailing Daniel for a detailed description (we need
a very detailed description at this point to compare to each claim of
what will be implemented in Tux vs. what's claimed in these patents.)

After Brian gets a very detailed writeup from Daniel, we will be able to
proceed with the claim comparison by the patent attorneys. One of the NetApp
patents is somewhat broad in it's claims, and we need to compare
Daniel's claims vs. NetApp's claims one claim at a time.

This is a time consuming and detailed process, so it may be a week or so
longer until Malinkrodt completes their analysis.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.025 / U:1.020 seconds]