Subjectinteraction between kernel and glibc
Hi,

I am experiencing some strange behaviour in my code recently, and the
code has not
been modified. Insofar as I can see, the only change to the system has
been an upgrade
to the kernel, as I am currently running 2.4.0-test9. The version of
glibc is 2.1.3 and was
installed via an rpm from rpmfind.net. The symptoms of the problem are
hangs in
getchar, getc, fgets etc. and segvs in usleep. gdb backtraces show that
these problems
are occuring within glibc (_IO_read -> poll and nanosleep respectively
-- although I am
only approximating the names from memory).

Is this a known problem? Is this a problem with my setup? Should I be
using a different
glibc? Should I build glibc every time I change the kernel, or every now
and then? I have
asked most of these questions before, but now as applications which were
running do
so no longer I feel the need to ask again ;-)

Thanks,

Richard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.576 / U:0.496 seconds]