SubjectRe: Any dual AGP slot motherboards?
Yo James!

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, James Simmons wrote:

> After much searching I couldn't find one. It was one of those mac rumors
> people spread around. I still like to get more than one AGP going. If I
> have multiple PCI bus in theory I should be able to have one AGP port on
> each PCI bus. Right?

AGP is much faster than PCI bus and has nothing to do with the
PCI bus. So the number of multiple PCI buses has nothing to
do with the number of AGP buses.

The way to get multiple PCI buses is to bridge one PCI bus on
to another. There are no changes required to the core chipset.
There is no way (yet) to bridge one AGP bus on another.

AGP is very tightly coupled with the main memory controller chip
so it is unlikely that there will be any dual AGP motherboard
until one of the big semi manufacturers puts that feature in a
core chipset.

RGDS
GARY