    SubjectRe: [ADMIN] some list related topics ..
    On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 03:08:46PM -0600, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    > Matt said someone was diverting email. diverting or intercepting email
    > is a crime in the US.
    > Perhaps Matt was wrong?

    Or using words which have different sets of meanings for you
    (lawyer mind?) vs. me (technical mind).

    Checking my two different Webster Dictionaries, the mainline
    meanings for the word seem to match also with ".forward" in
    usual UNIX email sense. (I really need to get also a good
    British English dictionary to verify PROPER forms of words
    and meanings ;) )

    "intercept" - now that has definitely malicious meaning in it,
    but "divert" - not in my mind.

    I have noticed that I have to watch myself, or I will start
    using terms like "killed the culprit", when less extremely
    worded real meaning is "deleted the (likely) culprit's
    subscription".

    > :-)
    >
    > Jeff

    /Matti Aarnio

    PS: Please Jeff, my name is *not* Matt, nor Matthew, although all share
    same origins some 3000 years back in Hebrew... Understanding how
    that happened requires a review of European history for past 2000
    years, which is not channel topic.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.033 / U:0.020 seconds]