SubjectRe: bind() allowed to non-local addresses
   Date: 	Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:20:22 -0600
From: Matt Peterson <mpeterson@calderasystems.com>

Assuming that my "compatibility argument" is not considered valid.
What I really need is some good ammunition for going back to Sun to
ask them to change the JRE spec -- like some significant kernel
features or Linux applications that relies on this new bind()
behavior.

How about first finding out why their buggy JRE detects whether an
address is local by trying to bind() to it :-)

Really, when an application feeds a specific address into bind() it
must have good reason for selecting it. All I want to know in this
specific instance, is why Sun's JRE is sending non-local addresses
into bind(), that's all.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.147 / U:0.316 seconds]