SubjectPlease ignore - RE: kallsyms - where can I find it and what does it do ?
Date

-----Original Message-----
From: Hen, Shmulik [mailto:shmulik.hen@intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 6:17 PM
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Cc: 'Keith Owens'
Subject: Q: kallsyms - where can I find it and what does it do ?

Hello,

I'm trying to build a new kernel with kdb support and I keep getting an
error from the make file:

kallsyms pass 1
[make] /bin/sh: /sbin/kallsyms: No such file or directory
error....

What is kallsyms and where can I get it from ?

Here is what I have and what I did:
The machine is a Compaq Ap500 dual P-III Xeon.
I'm using RedHat 6.2 (clean disk - custom install - install everything).
The new kernel is linux-2.4.0-test9.tar.gz (the latest according to
www.kernel.org).
The kdb patch is kdb-v1.5-2.4.0-test9-pre9.gz (the latest according to
oss.sgi.com).

There doesn't seem to be a problem running the patch (no error messages, at
least).
I made sure kdb support is checked under 'make menuconfig'.
I ran 'make dep; make clean; make bzImage' and it keeps failing.

While on the subject, how is it possible that I can build an SMP kernel on
that machine (before the patch), but can't build a UP kernel ?.
I use 'make menuconfig' and uncheck "SMP support", then run 'make dep; make
clean; make bzImage' and I get all kinds of warnings and errors until the
make file simply stops running (doesn't return to the prompt with an error
message - just stops and I have to hit <CR> to get back to the prompt).

Thanks in advance,

Shmulik Hen

Software Engineer
Linux Advanced Networking Services
Network Communications Group, Israel (NCGj)
Intel Corporation Ltd.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.029 / U:1.432 seconds]