SubjectRe: test10-pre3
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

>> > IV is 15 if you just translate the symbols, but ignore the meaning
>> > either that or someone was smoking alot of crack.
>
>> Huh? IV == 4. XV == 15.
>
>> I = 1, V = 5, X = 10, L = 50, C = 100, D = 500, M = 1000...

It's RNCD: Roman Numeral Coded Decimal. The new standard for
information interchange. A new proprietary feature of Intel
CPU's that will bring new high performance web sites to the reach
of the masses! Now you can access these special custom websites
only if you have a real Intel CPU! That is because other CPU's
from AMD, etc.. do not yet have the high technological edge of
"Roman Numeral Technology Extensions(TM)" (RMTE).

Rumor mill has it though that AMD refuses to pay Intel royalties
for this new technology and is coming out with their own version
called RM-NOW! (TM) which does everything Intel's does, but
faster, and with less silicon and heat dissipation.

Just beware of the CPU Mhz ratings on these new processors. They
are given in roman numerals.

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open source advocate
Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
Copyright 2000 all rights reserved