Subjecttrident sound chip programming
Date
Hello kernel developers

Does anyone know where I can get more programming info
for the Trident 4DWave sound chip? I have obtained the
datasheets for the Trident 4DWave NX from the ALSA
site but they are not enough for my needs. The ALSA
docs give the descriptions of important registers of
the device but give no info on what must be done to play
a sound and in what order. Does anyone have a contact at
Trident or one of the sound card manufacturers using this
chip that could provide the docs I need?

I am a bit of a newbie at this so any help is appreciated.

Thanks for giving us Linux,
Daniel Sheltraw