    SubjectRe: Patch to remove undefined C code
    Bernd Schmidt wrote:
    > I've been playing with some gcc patches to detect code with undefined
    > behaviour of the i = i++ variety. The patch below fixes all places in
    > the kernel that I could find. Note that in some cases, it wasn't
    > entirely clear what the code intended, so I had to guess.

    Please don't guess. Look at the generated assembly, then make the
    unambigous code do whatever the old code did. Chances are high it
    worked ok by luck, as misbehaving code tend to get noticed as
    it fails.

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.019 / U:1.064 seconds]