SubjectRe: New Benchmark tools, lookie looky........
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Larry McVoy wrote:

> Sure, I did it over the protests of other people and I learned something,
> you have every right to do the same thing. In fact, it's great that you
> are doing it. Just don't get all bent out of shape if you tweaking the
> elevator alg does nothing (in SunOS under most workloads the default was
> 99.4% as good as every other one I tried, and I tried a bunch. I then
> went to screw with the pageout daemon and learned a similar lesson:
> paging out pages is insane, you want to page on inodes, but that's
> a rant for another day).

Okay, I got some feedback from a friend in the industry.
Drive profiling will make waves, but getting the drive makers to profile
for linux is the way to go.

Thoughts?

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.102 / U:5.748 seconds]