[lkml]   [2000]   [Oct]   [16]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
Subject[2.4.0-test10-pre3] UART401 problem causes Oops.

I recently compiled 2.4.0-test10-pre3, and was torture-testing
it...I hadnt played any MIDI files in a while, so while one
was playing (on my waveblaster GM daughterboard, thru UART401),
the gave an Oops.

After doing some detective work, I found that the culprit was a
small daemon I had running that does a "double-rmmod -a" every
X seconds. It was rmmod'ing the uart401 module while it was
in use. I confirmed that while the MIDI file was playing, the
lsmod usage count was zero, and I could manually remove it.
(causing an instant oops)

It looks like the UART401 (this is a Sound Blaster 16 ISA non-PnP
card) module is not marking itself used while it's being accessed.

Mark Orr

To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to
Please read the FAQ at

 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.017 / U:19.716 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site