    SubjectRe: Problems with Tulip driver in 2.2 and 2.4
    "Mike A. Harris" wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
    > >> I've noticed this behavior for a few kernel revisions now, up to and
    > >> including 2.2.17. It would be nice to get this bug worked out before
    > >> 2.2.18.
    > >
    > >I dont think that is likely to happen. Every time someone touches the tulip
    > >driver close to release they fix one card and break another 8(
    > This might be a good reason to fork the driver code. Linus
    > commented before that he'd prefer a fork if it prevented problems
    > like this from occuring I believe.

    Look at drivers/net/tulip/* in 2.4.x kernels. And submit patches, if
    you have an idea :)

    For 2.2.x, I am pretty much staying away from tulip.c. For most
    chipsets it is rock solid stable, and I have no desire to change it...
    For a few new or really elcheapo NIC, you need Don Becker's tulip.c
    replacement. Other that that, 2.2.x's tulip.c is golden.

    Jeff Garzik | The difference between laziness and
    Building 1024 | prioritization is the end result.
    MandrakeSoft |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.027 / U:48.928 seconds]