    SubjectRe: why my subscription has disappeared ? Re: test - plz ignore
    On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 10:22:06PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
    > I haven't seen any traffic since Oct13 - is the list down ?

    Back then your email address started to bounce somehow.

    I have already forgotten the details, but when we get
    bounces (often quite a lot), we remove the offender's
    subscriptions. We let email to somebody's domain to
    stay in VGER's queue for at least 2d12h, then it *may*
    get into kill zone, but when oldest one exceeds 3d0h,
    (it begins to bounce) the whole queue to that domain
    gets axed along the subscriptions to it.

    Do check your email address functionality.
    Use http://zmailer.org/mxverify.html

    Always be wary of your email environment going boinkers.
    (We see a few ISP's with systems bouncing email "just because
    we are a bit loaded right now, we reject this, please send
    it again if you want to reach this person ...")
    (We don't, we remove the subscription.)

    > regards,
    > Per Jessen

    /Matti Aarnio

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.026 / U:0.332 seconds]