SubjectRe: SMP irq sharing problem in 2.2.17
Timur Tabi wrote:

> ** Reply to message from "Robert B. Easter" <reaster@comptechnews.com> on Thu,
> 12 Oct 2000 18:47:22 -0400
>
> > Since installing a
> > second CPU and recompiling the kernel for SMP and recompiling ALSA with
> > --with-smp=yes, the sound loops. I can hear the sound, but it doesn't
> > continue to play normally, rather, a sample will loop over and over.
>
> This means that the driver is not receiving any IRQs from the hardware.
> Typically, this is the result of an IRQ conflict (some other driver has claimed
> the IRQ for your hardware, and its interrupt handler is getting called instead).
>
> --
> Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
> Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com

The 694D defaults to MPS1.4. Make sure the 694D is configured for MPS1.1 and the problem will disappear.

I had a similar problem with the USB driver assigned to IRQ19 but not receiving any interrupts.

Perhaps someone more knowledgable can explain why linux fails under MPS1.4.

-J.

--
John Silva - jsilva@farm9.com
farm9 Intrusion Detection & Prevention