SubjectRe: executing function in kernel whose name is known

>> i know the name of a function which is stored in some string in a kernel
>> module, is there any way to execute that function.
>> That function is implemented in a module and has been exported.
>> thanks,
>> anil

>you mean execute from userspace? No.
>You mean execute from kernel space? Yes, but you would need to ensure the
>module cannot be unloaded (by incrementing its module reference
>counter) while the function is invoked.
>Tigran

module having that function won't be unloaded. but my problem is i know
only name (a string containing name of the function) but not function
pointer. could you please elaborate on how to do this??

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.056 / U:0.556 seconds]