lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2000]   [Oct]   [11]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: [PATCH] OOM killer API (was: [PATCH] VM fix for 2.4.0-test9 & OOM handler)
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Bruce A. Locke wrote:

> I wasn't aware PAM settings affected daemons started up during boottime
> but I will check into it, thank you.
>

daemons generally don't need to be PAM aware (unless they deal with
authorising things). The script that launches it however (if started
by a PAM aware app such as su) can set limits - which the daemon
should inherit.

> BTW, you said it works only 90%, what are the other 10% of times it
> doesn't work?
>

malicious processes, or a collection of processes.

--paulj

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.032 / U:0.024 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site