Subjectinfo on Oops
Date
Is there a good primer on reading an Oops? I'm also looking for general tips
on configuring the kernel and my module so that a useful stack trace is
generated - entry points show function names rather than addresses. The
obvious is to build with debugging turned on but is it necessary for the
kernel to be built with debugging turned on to effectively trace back
through a crash? It seems that the Oops in the messages log resolves symbols
but on the console I only get function addresses.

Jerry Kelley
jkelley@iei.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.037 / U:0.736 seconds]