SubjectRe: No SCSI burning problem - ZIP reading problem
Date
Andries Brouwer wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 04:37:38PM +0000, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>
> > I'm having some serious problems with parallel port ZIP with latest
> > 2.4.0-test9 kernel
> > Oct 9 16:57:23 dual kernel: Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0,
> > channel
> > Oct 9 16:57:24 dual kernel: sda : READ CAPACITY failed.
>
> Nothing wrong here, you just booted without a disk in the drive.
> I have no problems using the drive afterwards.
> As soon as you touch it (with dd or mount or whatever)
> it notices a disk change and rereads the partition table.

No this was just the first message - I've removed disk from drive
several times - the basic problem was, that after first mount
I've copyied one file to the zip drive and then I've made 'ls' on
directory and the file was missing (file has name 'ne'). Then I've tried
to copy
the same file there again and I've got the message that file is already
there. I've unmounted zip device and I'was unable to mount the
zip drive back again until I've reinserted ppa module.

Anyway after this the zip drive was empty and vfat table was cleared.
There were no such problems with 2.2.18 kernel.

--
There are three types of people in the world:
those who can count, and those who can't.