SubjectRe: Microsoft Withdraws Linux NTFS Threats
On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> I will again be able to offer these NTFS tools to repair NTFS
> partitions. Please begin reforwarding requests from folks with trashed
> disks to me, and I'll be able to assist folks. Microsoft has apologized
> and withdrawn their statements.
>
> We are very happy this thread ended on a happy note, instead of in
> court. Microsoft will take no action against us for NTFS development on
> Linux, which can now proceed without concern.

Jeff ...

It is fun, but I was not ware that scale of this mess was so great.
All I did was to make the request for Microsoft not to blow things out of
proportion. Sheesh, by letting us, without noise or action, create R/W
support of NTFS for Linux they would have been able to give the appearence
that they were behaving.

Regardless, congrates on using the entry point.
I just hope everyone at Mircosoft is still there.
I would feel really bad if an aquiantence of my there had reprocussions.
We would need to find a way to help them out, if they took it on the chin
for us.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.094 / U:4.316 seconds]