SubjectRe: What is up with Redhat 7.0?
On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 12:07:11AM +0100, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> > Why do you keep ignoring this point?
>
> I don't see your point except as 'never change anything'.

Hmm... there is some misunderstanding here, see:

> I got bored of libc2 a while back. I prefer change

Now, what would you think if you developed libc2 and were about to go
to libc3 and then some company took libc2 made their own libc3 which is
incompatible to the libc3 that has been publicly announced some time ago,
put *your* address into the bug-report address if *their* libc3, told the
public nothing about the highly experimental aspect of their libc3 (that
will certainly not be compatible to the "official" libc3) etc.. etc...

I certainly am not "never change anything", I wouldn't have tried to patch
that pgcc thingy if I were. I am against mindless forking without stating
this, though, even if allowed by the license.

--

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.083 / U:0.448 seconds]