    SubjectRe: Announce: initrd-tftp 0.1
    Jamie Lokier wrote:
    > > -uniform ide patches (some of these embedded devices have the weirdest
    > > ide chips, with strange
    > > ide emulating flash)
    > > -lm_sensors
    > These seem like reasonable things to go in if they're ready.

    lm_sensors (called plain 'sensors' within the kernel) is ready, but it
    is quite a large patch (even when we only add those devices that are
    rock stable), and Alan Cox told us, quite reasonably, that it would
    be better to wait for the new 2.5 development tree. Now that the
    biggest headache (the old i2c code) is removed (updated), it is
    quite simple to do the patching (especially with our automatical-patch-
    generating script, that generates a diff against any kernel).

    Of course, if people decide it would be better to include it in
    the 2.3 tree, we won't complain :-).

    Frodo Looijaard <> PGP key and more:
    Defenestration n. (formal or joc.):
    The act of removing Windows from your computer in disgust, usually followed
    by the installation of Linux or some other Unix-like operating system.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.020 / U:2.140 seconds]