    SubjectRe: Determining address which caused SEGV
    Jeff Dike <> writes:

    > This is how I handle it. It requires no setup at handler
    > registration time (not that I did on purpose, anyway).

    You misunderstood my question.

    I want to know what address was being accessed to cause the fault, not
    the address of the faulting instruction. The information I am looking
    for does not exist in the struct sigcontext, but it does exist in the
    siginfo_t. See the man page for sigaction(2), particularly the
    description of the si_addr field. Then examine the handling of the
    si_addr field in the kernel sources under arch/m68k and compare with

    Unless this information is just not available on the i386 architecture
    (I do not know enough about it to be sure), I think this is a bug in
    the kernel.

    - Pat

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.018 / U:34.948 seconds]