    SubjectRe: Announce: initrd-tftp 0.1
    Erik Andersen <> said:

    > Sure the tools exist. But I don't want to have to include them into my
    > embedded distro if there is a better way. If an embedded distro using
    > an initrd that has been booted over the network needs to be able (when
    > properly prompted) to update the initrd on the remote tftp server, then
    > you are proposing that the embedded distro now need to have have a copy
    > ld, plus kernel object files? Hmm. ok, add in one copy of binutils,
    > (about 2.2 megs), plus an _uncompressed_ copy of the kernel object files
    > (about 1.2 meg), plus the initrd image. My embedded system just grew by
    > almost 3.5 megs.

    The distribution will not have grown, neither what you download into your
    system, AFAIKS (you would not build the new kernel on the remote system, do
    you?). And if it has to change, mount it over the net from the server once
    you are up and running.
    Horst von Brand
    Casilla 9G, Viña del Mar, Chile +56 32 672616

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:52.288 seconds]