Subjecttime_t size: The year 2038 bug Summary:
In summary of the emails, some of which were kinda like
referencing an uninitialized pointer was that if today were in the
year 2038 we will have problems.

Assuming that none of us are really true prophets, capable of
foretelling the future, then the SAFE assumption is that if nothing is
done, then in 2038 we will have machines accessing time_t
variables as though they were 32 bit, hence Linux will have the
2038 bug.

That said, how do we fix it? Or is it something we just believe will
fix itself? It sounds like it is both a kernel and a libc issue. It also
seems to me that the easiest thing is to go to 64 bits.

I am not doing libc or kernel development, so I don't believe I can
own this one, though I am open to suggestions-any takers?
-Doug

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.068 / U:1.532 seconds]