SubjectRE: time_t size: The year 2038 bug?
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, David Schwartz wrote:

> FWIW, there are plenty of applications today that need to process times
> over a larger range than 'time_t' supports. It would be nice just to have
> one standard set of time routines, ideally portable across platforms.

I have been looking for somethink like that. Has anyone seen something
like it? The time_t type works for now for what it is intended to do -
interact with the operating system. It is also (ab)used to hold time
information inside an application because it is so standard and always
present. Unfortunatly, whereas the os seldom handles timestamps way into
the future applications do.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3 07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF