SubjectLinux on AMD Elan SC520
I consider using an AMD Elan SC520 CPU in a new embedded
design with a Intel 82559EX ethernet controller, some SDRAM
and flash ROM. Has anyone any experience with Linux on
SC520 or other Elan chips ?

I am going to write a simple boot loader which will copy
the kernel from flash ROM to RAM, and initialize chip
select decoders and probably also timers, interrupt
controllers etc. Does the PCI init in Linux cope with
the Elan PCI hardware, or do I need to initialize the PCI
bus also before starting the kernel ? The system will not
have any video hardware, so I will use a serial console
instead.

Has anyone done something similar ? Experiences ? How
debugged is the SC520 chip ?
--
Geir