SubjectRe: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"

The only thing i can do now is give you a copy of the errors SGI
Irix 6.4 machines (patched) gave when writing big files (around 5
MB). I didn't pursue the matter further since the machines in
question were being used in production, and due to the beta nature
of the journaling code. Also, from reading the documentation i was
expecting some problems. I used at the time linux-2.2.13-reiserfs-
3.5.5-journaling-beta.gz. Journalling was on. Kernel 2.2.13 patched
with knfsd 1.4.7 was at the server machine.
Anyway, when i started copying big files from the SGI machines to
the server, and deleting them afterwards, i would get several NFS
write error 13 on host spider, and several find_fh_dentry:
08:11/23519288 dir/23519263 not found! messages at the server.
Now i am abroad away from my office, when i get back it's one of
the things i plan to test and install in a production server if it goes
well (i don't need nfs on that one, just samba).

Regards,

Pedro Rodrigues