    SubjectRe: 2.2.14 ext3 + reiserfs incompatibility
    Florian Weimer <fw@s.netic.de> writes:

    > ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de (Matthias Andree) writes:
    >
    > > this report is about reiserfs + ext3 incompatibility on 2.2.14 (was
    > > already reported for 2.2.13).
    >
    > AFAIK, the incompatibilities can't be removed without unifying the
    > journalling code, which will happen in 2.5. (BTW, XFS has to be
    > considered, too, and whole thing doesn't seem to be trivial.)

    It's a matter of implementation. I don't know if there's any trace of
    XFS already, and Linux should not wait for SGI to get their gear cleaned
    up and packed.

    Another approach: each journalling file system has its private
    structures (which is a duplication of effort, and may lead to subtle
    differences between file systems)---though I agree to prefer the unified
    approach.

    --
    Matthias Andree

    Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
    Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!