Subject2.3.41 Random Craches
I'm also getting random crashes with 2.3.41.  I tried changing compilers
(from the default Redhat 6.1 to 2.95.2 release) but it didn't seem to
help. Another odd problem is after awhile - not sure when - the 'ps'
command will just hang. No clue about that one, but I saw it on a SUN
once and rebooting it fixed it and it never came back. It just keep
coming back under Linux. Also, should HAIFA be enabled on 2.95.2? I
heard of bugs in 2.95.2 - where can one get an upgrade, or what is the
best compiler to download to?

I was thinking it was just my machine or the compiler since the compiler
tends to die alot when compiling one of the newer kernels. The
assembler complains about bad assembly code and then hangs and you have
to do a ^C and then start up "make" again. Whats odd is that starting
make again will compile the file just fine and go on to the net one.
The files it dies on and the number of times it dies during a compile
seems to be random (with both compilers mentioned). This happens even
with the default RedHat kernel and compiler, so I'm really stumped.
I was about to start testing my RAM :/

However, someone else mentioned they were using the VIA chipset, so
perhaps there is a bug there??? I'm not getting any drive corruption
though.

-- Evan
P.S I'm not subscribed, so send any useful advise direct to ekl@wans.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.028 / U:0.276 seconds]