SubjectRe: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41

On 30-Jan-00 Linus Torvalds wrote:
> - disable the keyboard before changing the controller mode in open_aux(),
> and re-order the operations, ie make the init sequence look like this:
>
> kbd_write_command_w(KBD_CCMD_MOUSE_ENABLE); /* Enable mouse
controller */

> send_data(KBD_CMD_DISABLE); /* Disable keyboard
during mode set */
> kbd_write_cmd(AUX_INTS_ON); /* Enable controller
ints for both keyboard
> and mouse */
> send_data(KBD_CMD_ENABLE); /* Enable keyboard
again */

> aux_write_ack(AUX_ENABLE_DEV); /* Enable the mouse
itself */

> which actually makes a lot more sense than the current one (makes the
> mouse and keyboard controller and device "enabledness" be more regular:
> both controllers are enabled during the mode set, but both devices are
> disabled until after the mode-set is complete.

OK, this *immediately* locked the keyboard on mouse open, without having to
touch the mouse like before. When I killed gpm and closed the mouse device,
all the types characters poured out.

Sometimes it printed the "keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?"
message, but other times it didn't.

/proc interrupts shows nothing was delivered to IRQ 12:

12: 0 XT-PIC usb-uhci, Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c475

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans