Subject2.3.41 /proc/meminfo
There seems to be a weird bug with /proc/meminfo or maybe the kernel is
using memory differently now or something. Anyway, I first noticed that
may memory usage seemed REALLY low, like less than 20% of my 128MB with
X and Gnome running, which seemed quite odd. Figuring memory usage
didn't drop by THAT much from previous kernels, I checked /proc/meminfo.

Its telling me I have 0 bytes of shared memory. I would think there
are some shared libs somewhere. I can post the values later if no one
else notices this (I'm not at home), but could someone verify that
/proc/meminfo looks weird?

Could be related in any way to the odd random oopes that people are
getting?

-- Evan Langlois
PS I'm not subscribed, so although I read through the archives often,
send any useful tips to ekl@wans.net. Thanks.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:1.595 / U:0.084 seconds]