SubjectRe: Asus K7M onboard soundcard?
On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 buddy@dookie.net wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get the onboard sound on the Asus K7M to work with
> linux? I've tried the VIA82cxxx module, and i managed to get sound, but
> it was SEVERELY distorted (unrecognizable), and OSS complained to syslog
> about it not being a real SB16.

Ignore the OSS complaint.

If your sound is distorted, make sure you do not have an IRQ conflict or
similar BIOS problem.

Next, try version 1.1.2, available at
http://gtf.org/garzik/drivers/via82cxxx/ or in recent 2.3.x kernels.
It includes some fixes which help out a lot of people.

If that still doesn't work, my advice is patience. I am working on a
native driver which removes te SB emulation support and sounds a LOT
better. It should be released at Linux Expo or immediately afterwards.

I have a K7M motherboard at home to test with, so your configuration
will definitely be supported.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.036 / U:0.124 seconds]