SubjectRe: What is Lineo doing?
Here is a bit off of slashdot. I'm not sure how acurate it is, but it
seems to claim that the GPL bits are redistributable... So if I'm reading
this correctly, there isn't a problem... Or is there ?

---cut here---
Sorry for any confusion on this matter. It looks like some people read the
license, but I will point out a few parts for those who haven't yet: In
the first paragraph of the license it states:

"Any product provided along with the Software that is associated
with a separate end-user license agreement is licensed to you under the
terms of that license agreement."

Also, later in the license it says:

"GPL Software" is not owned by Lineo and is distributed to you by Lineo
for your use. GPL Software is distributed under the terms of the GNU
General Public License, Version 2, June 1991, a copy of which accompanies
this EULA"

and:

"Lineo will provide source code for any of the components of the Software
licensed under the GNU General Public License. To obtain such source code,
send email to embedix-support@lineo.com"

Unfortunately, the mail account for embedix-support@lineo.com was unmanned
yesterday and today. However, we are actively working on manning it and
making the source code available on our FTP site. This will be in the form
of Source RPM files. I am leaving town tonight, but it should happen in my
absence, sometime this week.

---cut here---

This looks like it came from someone at lineo...

--
/* Wayne Pascoe <wayne@moneyworld.co.uk> - MoneyWorld

Sometimes you do it for the money... Sometimes you
do it for the show - Terry Pratchett (Soul Music) */