    SubjectReverse engineering Windows drivers.
    I'm trying to find some correct settings for my video card that I'm writing a
    utility for. Can anyone recommend some freeware that:

    1) Disassembles windows programs/drivers/dlls under linux (or do I HAVE to buy
    and install Windows...God forbid!)

    2) Under Windows, can access the PCI regs and can dump the contents of hardware
    mapped memory to a file.

    My thinking is that if I know the regs, a Windows user could set up the card
    with the mode I'm trying to get, then could dump his reg contents to a file and
    I could use this file to see what I'm setting wrong. Or does it not work like

    Thanks for any help :)

    BTW- Thanks to all who pointed me to the /dev/mem mmap() hardware access

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.021 / U:7.876 seconds]