    SubjectRe: SMP kernel build question
    Date
    On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:10:40 -0500 (EST),
    "Tony E. Bennett" <tbennett@nvidia.com> wrote:
    >Whenever I build a kernel (2.2.12) with SMP and MODVERSIONS, the built
    >kernel has versioned symbols, but they don't include 'smp'. So booting
    >it fails horribly since all the /lib/modules are looking for 'smp'
    >
    >This seems to be because linux/module.h includes modversion.h instead of
    >modversions-smp.h

    Where do you get modversions-smp.h from? Standard kernels do not build
    that file, it might be a hangover from your distribution. Any chance
    that you are booting an old kernel with your new modules? 2.2.14 SMP
    and MODVERSIONS works fine for me.

    If all else fails, save your .config, make mrproper, restore .config,
    make oldconfig, make dep clean bzImage modules. Current Makefiles do
    not cope correctly with turning MODVERSIONS on and off under some
    circumstances, make mrproper cleans the crud out and starts again.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:4.497 / U:0.008 seconds]