    SubjectRe: power managing maestro.c 0.14 available.
    Jens Axboe wrote:
    > Well, that depends on whether the drive internally keeps the volume
    > either at 0/0xff or the value we sent it. The one case I saw set the
    > volume to 0xff for any volume setting, so in that case we can
    > detect whether it honors the volume setting or not.

    That would be the case when you'd send an "I'd like the volume set to
    this please" request on the notifier chain. An audio driver which
    implements that is expected to multiply the value in some reasonable way
    with the traditional CD mixer input -- you still need master levels and
    so on for the 0-100% range to map to sensible volumes, depending on the
    sound card.

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:31.224 seconds]