SubjectRe: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41
* Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com) [000129 19:24]:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Michael Neuffer wrote:
> >
> > I can see the same effect here as well on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 7000).
> > USB beeing enabled or disabled in the kernel makes no difference.
> >
> > However accessing /dev/psaux with gpm or the XServer results in a
> > keyboard/mouse lockup with the following error message:
> >
> > Jan 29 13:46:22 schlepflop kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?
>
> Ahh. Good, this helps. Pinpointing it to a mouse interaction is always
> helpful.
>
> Exactly when did this start happening, do you happen to know?

I'm not quite sure, until the late pre39th or so my laptop rebooted
spontaniously after about 5min after booting.

If you thake out the yenta/pccard support everything works fine.
I guess when you and Dominik worked the quirks out of the yenta
support something slipped thru your fingers.

If you want I can investigate a little closer with which version
it exactly started.

Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.065 / U:0.240 seconds]