    SubjectRe: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41
    * Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com) [000129 09:30]:

    > On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Miles Lane wrote:
    > >
    > > This is a reminder that this bug still exists.
    > > I have seen others mention it with earlier kernel
    > > 2.3.4x releases and I have been hitting it for
    > > about a week and a half.
    >
    > Hmm. Somebody else reported a problem with keyboards and USB enabled. I
    > know you had USB on earlier, can you check that?
    >
    > In fact, I have a few reports from you that seem to imply that the same
    > kernel sources have worked for you or not, depending on exact
    > configuration options. One of the differences I see in your previous
    > working/nonworking setup (using 2.3.38) is that a previous try with USB
    > enabled caused problems, while USB off worked.
    >
    > Worth at least verifying,

    I can see the same effect here as well on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 7000).
    USB beeing enabled or disabled in the kernel makes no difference.

    However accessing /dev/psaux with gpm or the XServer results in a
    keyboard/mouse lockup with the following error message:

    Jan 29 13:46:22 schlepflop kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

    Logging into the machine and killing the processes results in a properly
    working keyboard.

    Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:4.068 / U:0.056 seconds]