    SubjectRe: Auto-Adaptive scheduler - Final chapter ( the numbers ) ...
    On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Jamie Lokier wrote:
    > Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > > I can agree with You about cache optimization, but the fact is that the patch,
    > > for RQ < limit introduced only a memory load ( 4 bytes ) and memory write ( 4
    > > bytes ).
    > You forget about the icache footprint of the code itself.

    No Jamie, the code leaves a footprint only when it is executed.
    I You exclude the one or two "cmps" ( tipically less than 10 bytes of code,
    adresses included ), the only thing at which We can shoot is at the block of
    code of the cluster scheduler that I leaved into the fast path to better
    optimize longer RQ versus shorter ones.

    All this stuff is IMVHO

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:5.932 seconds]