    SubjectRe: Auto-Adaptive scheduler - Final chapter ( the numbers ) ...
    "Davide Libenzi" <> writes:

    > I prefer to give a single response to points emerged in this thread.
    > Steve say :
    > > I really do urge you to go to a bookstore, find a recent book on computer
    > > architecture, and try to find out how a modern machine works. Larry
    > > recommended a book. Maybe you should try that one.
    > Larry say :
    > > > : However, I think that Davide knows something about caches as well.
    > > Hmm. With no offense intended, that's certainly not at all clear from
    > > this discussion. What is it that makes you think that?
    > I really like that guys that having read the last Intel ( or Digital. etc
    > ... ) data sheet,
    > thinks to be God in earth, at a point to judge the knowledge of other guys.
    > I really like them.

    Agree, we will never succeed in our task by acting like this...
    This is the problem encountered by many computer engineers because
    of their ego...

    -- Yoann,
    It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().
    The Unix community wish them good luck for their future developments.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.020 / U:3.912 seconds]