SubjectRe: IRQ clash problems with 2.2.14 and 2.3.33?
Hi David.

> Unless, of course, the motherboard in question is an Abit BP6.
> In which case, complain to Abit, because even when you tell its
> BIOS that IRQ9 is reserved for Legacy ISA, it puts ACPI there.

> Shift your 3c509 onto another IRQ and wait for a fixed BIOS.

> Beware of making PCI IRQs share too much, though - I've found
> that if it tries to make a PCI device share IRQs with the
> on-board USB, then that PCI device can't actually generate any
> interrupts.

Is this last comment specific to the Abit BP6 or the 3c509, or is it a
general warning relating to any PCI hardware?

The reason I ask is that I have a system with three PCI Ethernet
cards, all RealTek 8259's using the ne2k-pci driver, and the BIOS for
some reason has put all three on IRQ 9, leaving IRQ's 10 and 11 unused
as far as I can tell.

Also, is this behaviour to be expected?

Best wishes from Riley.

* Copyright (C) 1999, Memory Alpha Systems.
* All rights and wrongs reserved.