    SubjectRe: IRQ clash problems with 2.2.14 and 2.3.33?
    Hi David.

    > Unless, of course, the motherboard in question is an Abit BP6.
    > In which case, complain to Abit, because even when you tell its
    > BIOS that IRQ9 is reserved for Legacy ISA, it puts ACPI there.

    > Shift your 3c509 onto another IRQ and wait for a fixed BIOS.

    > Beware of making PCI IRQs share too much, though - I've found
    > that if it tries to make a PCI device share IRQs with the
    > on-board USB, then that PCI device can't actually generate any
    > interrupts.

    Is this last comment specific to the Abit BP6 or the 3c509, or is it a
    general warning relating to any PCI hardware?

    The reason I ask is that I have a system with three PCI Ethernet
    cards, all RealTek 8259's using the ne2k-pci driver, and the BIOS for
    some reason has put all three on IRQ 9, leaving IRQ's 10 and 11 unused
    as far as I can tell.

    Also, is this behaviour to be expected?

    Best wishes from Riley.

    * Copyright (C) 1999, Memory Alpha Systems.
    * All rights and wrongs reserved.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:37.620 seconds]