    SubjectRe: Unkillable processes with 2.2.12,13pre17,14pre1[345],14
    On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Ville Herva wrote:

    > On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 08:52:39AM +1100, you [Keith Owens] claimed:
    > > On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:44:16 +0200,
    > > Ville Herva <vherva@niksula.hut.fi> wrote:
    > > >Warning (compare_ksyms_lsmod): module es1370 is in lsmod but not in ksyms,
    > > >probably no symbols exported
    > > >
    > > >Doesn't that mean that lsmod lists those (as it certainly does), but
    > > >there are no symbols present for them in /proc/ksyms? Browsing the
    > > >ksymoops docs, I gather that modules that do not export any symbols are
    > > >not listed at all by ksymoops. In /proc/ksyms there where no lines for the
    > > >above modules, as there were for others.
    > >
    > > The current modutils adds some generated symbols for *all* modules,
    > > specifically to get around this problem. You msut have loaded the
    > > modules using an old modutils.
    >
    > Okay, that is the case. After reload they appear just fine.
    >
    > But the addresses in the ksymoops output are still nowhere near C5D28000
    > (the PC of the unkillable process). I'm making this assumtion that they
    > are not even _supposed_ to be, since I can find a single match or nearly
    > match comparing the PC's of other processes and ksymoops output. So can I
    > get any sense out of that PC address, or should I just apply the kernel
    > debugger patch and wait a couple of weeks?

    On my system, modules always load in the C5xxxxxx range. Obviously not
    the case with your setup. Unless someone can suggest a better way, I
    think kdb is the easiest way to find out what's going on. (A diag-patch
    ala echo pid > /proc/oops would be handy for [really running?] problems
    like this one.. but doesn't exist afaik)

    -Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.022 / U:89.664 seconds]