    SubjectRe: What to do when out of memory
    > It seems it is possible to keep track of memory such that any successful
    > mmap will always be pageable - keep track of allocated pages which are
    > pending paging and subtract that from free_pages in vm_enough_memory().
    > Still, this is getting back to a short thread I started long ago - if I
    > have some spare time I'll try implementing it.

    I actually implemented it for 1.2.x by simply counting vma sizes in
    mm/*.c. You end up needing a lot of swap 'just in case'. If you want to be
    completely correct you need to account all R/O shared pages as potentially
    private because of ptrace().

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.017 / U:32.264 seconds]