    SubjectRe: Corruption w/ 2.3.41-pre2
    Jeff Garzik <> writes:

    > I just experienced corruption with 2.3.41-pre2. Config: ASUS Dual-PII,
    > single IDE drive (UDMA/33), no SCSI.
    > Was doing a vendor "build everything" kernel build, which failed. :)
    > So after correcting the error and restarting, I/O errors on regular
    > files started appearing, mainly during really big 'rm' runs.

    I have been experiencing this at least since 2.3.34 on a dual Celeron
    500MHz box with Abit BP6 MB.

    The other day, when I tried to build Mozilla running 2.3.41pre1 it
    succeded (it has been failing every time followed by fs corrution).

    So I went on using the kernel thinking that it might be working now.
    But when I unpacked a rahter large tarball while doing a few other things
    at the same time, the result was not good. Some of the files from the
    tarball had Input/Output errors and fsck had to be run manually to fix it.

    > Haven't seen any corruption yet on my K6-2 (UP) box, but it doesn't see
    > really heavy disk usage like the SMP box.

    I guess it's SMP specific.

    Med venlig hilsen
    Christian Laursen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.026 / U:11.404 seconds]