SubjectRe: IBM & Linux
On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Dave Weis wrote:

> > - Early RS/6000 hardware, particularly MicroChannel based models
> there is a book about the 7011-250 that i've got, from mkp.com. the isbn
> is 1-55860-344-1

Does it contain plenty of programming info? Amazon wants 68$US for it,
mighty pricey. Of course, wandering around mkp.com shows me several books
that would be quite useful, and yet way out of my afordability range.

Looking at the table of contents on mkp.com, it looks like its a fairly
in-depth book.

> > - Various old IBM MCA cards (I can give a full list if IBM wants :)
> i can think of a few, like some of the actionmedia stuff they did with
> intel.

Even something as simple as telling us how the RAM-on-MCA cards work would
be nice. [I'd like to be able to use it at least as a RAM disk or
something. I've heard rumors that there was an alpha-level driver made
for these a few years ago based on disassembly of the DOS drivers --
anyone know anything about that?]

Unrelated note: Who's it best to send largish token ring driver updates
to? The last two merges I sent to Linus went ignored. Perhaps I should
run them through Alan first? I should have support for at least three,
probably four or five, new Madge cards done within the next few days.
(Including MCA Ringnode, ISA Ringnode, and non-Cardbus PCMCIA Ringnode
support -- yay.)

af

---
Adam Fritzler
{ mid@auk.cx, afritz@iname.com}
http://www.auk.cx/~mid/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.023 / U:0.348 seconds]